Upcoming Biking & Hiking Events
City and Library partner to offer “Next Destination” Speaker Series 2023
The City of Springboro Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) in partnership with the Franklin-Springboro Public Library present the 2023 Next Destination Speaker Series that focuses on hiking and bicycling programming during the winter months. All programs begin at 6:30 p.m., include a 60- minute presentation and plenty of time for questions after. For more information, call 748-6183.
- Tuesday, Jan. 10, Springboro Community Room, 320 West Central Ave.: Andy Niekamp, author and Chief Adventure Officer at Outdoor Adventure Connection, returns to Springboro to talk about his recent hike on Alabama’s 335-mile Pinhoti Trail.
- Thursday, Jan. 26, Springboro Performing Arts Center Premier Health Theatre, 115 Wright Station Way: Justin Kellermeier of K&G Bicycles, will discuss bicycle maintenance and repair to prepare your bike for spring. Learn basic adjustments and safety checks, how to pick out a bike and work with your local bike shop. Bring your bike tire and we’ll learn how to fix a flat.
- Monday, Feb. 6, Springboro Performing Arts Center Premier Health Theatre, 115 Wright Station Way: Steve Magas, Ohio’s Bike Lawyer, presents part bike law, park bike history.
- Monday, Feb. 20, Springboro Performing Arts Center Premier Health Theatre, 115 Wright Station Way: Jocelyn Hardman, Ph.D., returns to the Next Destination series to talk about her recent trip on the St. Cuthbert Way in Scotland and England.Upcoming EventsHeadline
Nature Walks and Hikes
See the wonder of nature as the season changes and enjoy our beautiful parks and trails! The City and Park Board sponsor nature walks led by Lynn Johnson, Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist and Springboro resident. Each walk occurs on a Sunday afternoon. Meet at 2 p.m. near the park entrance. Wear walking shoes and dress for weather. Free event, and no registration is required.
Jan. 22: Winter Hike, E. Milo Beck Park, Lower Springboro Road
April 2: Spring Hike, North Park, 195 Tamarack Trail
April 16: Spring Hike, North Park, 195 Tamarack Trail
April 30: Spring Hike, North Park, 195 Tamarack Trail
May 14: Spring Hike, North Park, 195 Tamarack Trail
The winter walk will explore how wildlife, both plants and animals, adapt to winter in Ohio. Hike the prairie and the riparian corridor along Clear Creek.
The spring walks will focus on spring wildflowers and explore other seasonal changes in the natural surroundings at North Park. Call 937-748-5774 for more information.
City Walking & Biking Wellness Program Give us Ten or 30, Springboro!
Our Springboro parks and roadways are home to numerous walking and bike paths and lanes. Take advantage of the amenities in your own backyard!
1. Walk 10 miles or cycle 30 miles in one month using a tracking app of your choice. There are plenty of free apps out there.
2. Take a photo or screenshot of the mileage completed. Selfies at the parks or around town are encouraged, too!
3. Complete the form and upload your photos here by the end of the month to be eligible for prizes.
All completed forms will be entered into a drawing for fun prizes including one local restaurant gift card for every 20 entries.
You must be a Springboro resident to participate.
Bike Rides 2023
Springboro’s Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) in partnership with three local businesses sponsored six 10-mile bike rides on City streets during the summer. Please check back for the 2023 schedule. Each rider must have a helmet, front and rear bike lights and reflective clothing. A cycling orientation will be provided before the ride. All rides start at 6:30 p.m. For more information, contact Dan Boron or call 937-748-6183.
Special events and concerts
In addition to biking and hiking events, the City sponsors numerous other activities including a summer concert series in July, Touch A Truck in May, Boro Fest in October, a speaker series, and other special events. Click here for details.
Bike the Boro/The Big Event: Saturday, Sept.16,2023
Below is information from previous events. Check back for registration information for 2023
North Park, 195 Tamarack Trail
Bike the Boro, Springboro’s celebration of all things biking, includes three bike rides on the streets of Springboro followed by an expo where local bike shops, bicycle education and advocacy organizations, health and wellness organizations, public safety agencies, and others will be on hand. Bike the Boro takes place rain or shine. This event is free and open to all. Rides start at 10 a.m. and you must check in by 9:45 a.m.
Preregistration for the ride and t-shirt is now closed. Please register on site beginning at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
All three rides start and end at North Park. The 2-mile ride is perfect for young children and stays close to the neighborhood near North Park. The 10- and 16-mile rides offer a hilly challenge on City streets. The 16-mile ride passes through 75 percent of the City’s neighborhoods. The 10- and 16-mile rides include rest stops and support and follow riders. More details here.
Free helmet fittings courtesy of the City of Springboro and Dayton Children’s Medical Center. The Big Event festival includes bounce houses, Springboro Police, Clearcreek Fire and Warren County SWAT and K-9 demonstrations, equipment and vehicles. Miami Valley Hospital CareFlight will land at noon. Free face painting, sno-cones and cotton candy will be available. For more information, contact Dan Boron (937) 748-6183.