COVID-19 Response Update: March 31, 2020
Ohio has two ways to apply:
1. Online File online www.unemployment.ohio.gov 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Note that the office is experiencing slow processing times due to high claims activity. As your submission is processing please do not hit refresh because that will send your submission to the end of the virtual line.
2. Telephone Call toll-free 1-877-644-6562 or TTY 1-614-387-8408.
Call center hours have been extended: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
NOTE: It is not possible to apply for unemployment benefits in person.
After You File:
Once your application has been filed:
- You will receive further information by mail or email. An email will be sent from OJI@odjfs.state.oh.us.
- Your claim will be assigned to a Processing Center, based on the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- If filing online and you need your Personal Identification Number (PIN) reset, please call toll-free 1-866-962-4064.