IT'S FREEZING OUT!
With a cold winter week ahead of us, please be prepared. Here are some suggestions to help avoid problems that can occur when the temperatures dip below freezing:
- Make sure to remove garden hoses from hose bibs.
- Has your irrigation system been turned off and drained?
- If your meter and plumbing is in an exposed area such as a garage, keep the door closed
- If your home has experienced frozen pipes in the past, you might consider turning on one faucet to a very slight trickle overnight to prevent freezing.
- Know the location of your water main shut off valve. If a pipe freezes or bursts, shut the water off immediately.
- Know what areas of your home, such as basements, crawl spaces, unheated rooms and outside walls, are most vulnerable to freezing.
- If you do have a pipe burst and are unable to shut the water off, please call 937-748-4343 during business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 Am-4:30 Pm. After hours call the Police non-emergency number 937-748-0611 for assistance.